The restaurant is known for maintaining the classic shaoxing wine tradition that has been around since the . Though it should not be confused as a possible birthplace of the wine since it has been around many dynasties before the birth of the restaurant.
It has also been mentioned by writer Lu Xun in his work with the restaurant situating in his hometown.
The restaurant was created in 1884 during the reign of Qing dynasty Guangxu Emperor , but was closed in a few years.
It was reopened to the public on September 18, 1981 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Lu Xun's birthday.